Many corporations use newsletters to communicate a combination of serious and/or feature news to their customer base. Newsletters can also be used to foster brand loyalty. While many people associate the newsletter format with old-fashioned print distribution, they may also be distributed electronically.
To write a good newsletter, you should consider your target audience. What types of editorial content will they find useful, interesting and informative? While there can be "sales"-like information in a newsletter, there should also be news that is considered valuable by the reader.
Here are some good examples of newsletters and other resources that might help you lock down a content strategy for your newsletter:
- Ten Great Newsletters Created with Wix's ShoutOut
- Seven Amazing Newsletters Created with Wix
- Planning Your ShoutOut Newsletters
- 75 Email Newsletter Content Topics You Can Use ASAP
- The Dissection of a Bloody Good Email Newsletter
- Is A Corporate Newsletter Better?