In print, your copy typically includes the following:
- A short, eye-catching burst of copy that usually is no more than one line
- In some cases, it may even be a fragment of a sentence or clever phrase
- Subhead (optional)
- If room allows, this is a secondary headline that adds more context to the headline
- Body of text
- This is longer explanatory text (if room allows)
- What do you want someone to do? Call a phone number? Visit a website? Click a link for more information?
Don't forget that the ad will also likely include a logo, product shot and/or other graphics and photos. How will the copy be positioned relative to the images? What about white space? Make sure your ad isn't too cluttered with images and text by ensuring that there is adequate white space to add "breathing room" for your design.